> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Civil Rights > Can I be charged with theft if I stole food from a friend without consent

Can I be charged with theft if I stole food from a friend without consent

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 19th, 2017 on Civil Rights - New Jersey
More details to this question:
In a metaphorical situation; 3 men walk into a McDonalds, and Michael orders fries, his two friends, Steven and Lenny do not order any food. While Michael is eating, Lenny requests to eat a fry, however Michael declines his request. Moments later Michael tells Steven that he needs to use the bathroom, and if Lenny steals 1 Fry he will call the Police. Michael uses the bathroom and Lenny Steals a Fry, which Steven being a good friend tells Michael of Lenny's crime. Michael promptly calls the authorities and demands that Lenny be charged with theft. Can he be charged? What kind of Charge? Can Lenny go to Jail?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:50 PM

No. You cannot be charged. Ed Dimon

Report Abuse
Civil Rights
Every person has certain civil rights, granted to the by the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other federal, state and local laws. Civil rights laws deal with a variety of topics, including human rights, women's rights, disabled rights and gay rights. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, which bans employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, is one of the best-known civil rights laws in recent history. If your civil rights have been violated, a civil rights attorney can help you take legal action.
Have an Civil Rights Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

345 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

253 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

192 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

155 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

147 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

87 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Civil Rights Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums