> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Discrimination > Is it illegal to transfer me to another store?

Is it illegal to transfer me to another store?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 17th, 2017 on Discrimination - New York
More details to this question:
My supervisor sexually harassed me and was "counseled" for it. Would it be retaliation if my job transferred me to another store instead of firing my supervisor?I work in retail.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 18th, 2017 at 7:28 AM

A transfer, so long as it was not a hardship for you (less pay, more travel, etc.) would not be a retaliation.

Report Abuse
Discrimination occurs when a person or group of people are treated differently as a result of some personal characteristic, such as age, gender, skin color, disability or national origin. A number of federal laws ban discrimination against certain groups (known as "protected classes") in a variety of settings, including on the job and in housing. State and local laws often reinforce these bans and make it illegal to discriminate against classes not protected under federal laws. If you feel as if you've been discriminated against, talk to a law firm or attorney with experience handling discrimination claims. There are legally proscribed processes for addressing various types of discrimination, and your lawyer will be able to guide you through the complaint resolution process.
Have an Discrimination Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

149 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

124 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

93 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

91 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Discrimination Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Lee Law

Brandon, FL

| Contact Now

The Porter Law Firm, P.C.

Tyler, TX

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums