Gay and Lesbian Rights

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender) Rights law is the branch of law that covers civil rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people. It also covers discrimination and refers to unfair treatment based on sexual orientation, or perceived sexual orientation that is protected by some federal laws and many state nondiscriminatory laws. Unfair treatment that occurs in the workplace, housing, public accommodations, education, voting rights, or criminal process may implicate anti discrimination laws, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Fair Housing Act, and the Voting Rights Act. Please read on to learn more about LGBT discrimination. You can search for a Civil Rights lawyer or attorney and access more information below.

Find a Civil Rights attorney in your area.

Gay and Lesbian Rights Articles
State Specific Resources
-  Employment Law in Your State-  State Attorney General Websites
-  State Labor & Industries Websites-  State Unemployment Insurance Websites
-  State Workers' Compensation Websites
-  Sexual Orientation Discrimination-  Special Situations in Adoption
-  One of These Provisions Is Not Like the Other-  Third Parties' Rights to Custody of a Child
Hot Topics
-  Anti Gay Protesters Disrupt Military Funerals-  Domestic Partnerships: What Protections Exist?
-  eHarmony Settles Same Sex Class Action Lawsuit-  Fighting for Your Rights: The ACLU Thrives Today
-  Is the End in Sight for "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"?-  Same-Sex Couples Have More Options In More States
-  Same Sex Date Brings an End to Senior Prom?-  The Uniting American Families Act (UAFA)
-  Washington DC Recognizes Same-Sex Marriages-  What is a Hate Crime?
Discrimination FAQs
-  Criminal Civil Rights Violations FAQ-  Civil Rights: Housing FAQ
-  Civil Rights: Voting FAQ-  Civil Rights: Employment FAQs
-  Employment Discrimination FAQ-  Civil Rights: Discrimination in Education FAQ
-  Divorce: Visitation Rights FAQ
Lawyers.comsm Virtual Community
Legal Forums
-  Discrimination-  Civil Rights
-  Education and School Law
-  Chat Listing
Hiring a Discrimination Lawyer
-  Meeting With A Lawyer-  Preparing To Meet With A Lawyer
-  Selecting A Lawyer-  Working with a Discrimination Lawyer
Related Resources on Lawyers.comsm
-  Criminal Law
-  Your Job and the Law
-  Civil Rights

Ask a Lawyer - Gay and Lesbian Rights Law questions answered by leading lawyers
On short disability in nj can I be fired
Accused for non payment of rent by my land lord?
my land lord sent me a court sommons for trial via his attorney, and the reason as of him is the non payment of rent, but i have proofs that i paid (bank statements). So, my question is: what's the point of justice on this issue? is it considered as a moral abuse? and if i go on court with him, what is going to happen in the trial? Thank you in advance
How can I get a 2c:29-1b obstruction of justice dismissed? This would be my first charge ever never
My brother was on a foot pursuit coming from the store because of warrants and ran into my house.I had no knowledge of his warrants so I didn't know what to think when he ran into my house saying he was being chased but never stated by who.I was holding my 18 month old niece at the time so I immediately went into panic mode.My brother proceeded to push me in the house and close the back door.I than walked to my front porch and noticed my front door was open with me having the slightest knowledge of what's going on I shut and locked the door.An "officer" who seen me started to kick the door open which startled me and my niece so I look and asked him what's going on why is he kicking my door?He stopped kicking and waited for his srgt to come to proceed through the porch window.They came in pointing weapons telling us to come out the house.My arresting officer snatched my phone and threw it at a wall than placed me under arrest.I never got read my rights and was being questioned.2c:29-1b
threatening to kill me
My sister in Low call me yesterday and she threatening me and she said she wont to set me on fire and she will kill me and take my eyes out. and she said that she will make sure that she will hear my son too. I have recorded the call..What i should do? should I call 911? I don't wont her near me or my son
Is it illegal to burn the american flag in public.
13 years old burned the american flag behind the bleachers of my highschools field. People saw and called the cops we put out the fire (me and my friend) and are being told it is a serious crime by local law enforcement, but the constitution supposedly protects it. If it isillegal please state why and the actions that would be taken against it, is it a misdeamenor or a felony? Thank you
view more...

Civil Rights Lawyer Web Sites
 -  Mississippi Law - Cumbest, Cumbest, Hunter & Mccormick, P.A.
 -  Maui County Law - Tateishi & Pascual, Attorneys A Law Corporation
 -  Maui County Attorney - Yanagida & Associates
 -  Washington Litigation - Jack H. Olender & Associates, P.C.
 -  Baltimore Law - Leviness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A.
State *