I am on sure where to start with my case .

Asked on Aug 13th, 2017 on Civil Rights - Connecticut
More details to this question:
I have a car that's registered In my name with a second driver . I have tried to reach out to the second driver for about a month now no response. I received a card stating my car was towed for abandonment . I don't have the key to the car and I don't even know if the key was left inside the car . The second driver refuses to return my messages or my calls or my emails . all the financial issues to get the car out and to get a duplicate key is on me . The second driver has had this car for months now . The car was left abandoned in front of his house. I have been struggling as is and only allowed for this person to have this car because they have no other way to get around which is why they were added on to the policy . It is really unfair for this person to stop communicating with me and now all this cost is left on me . Is there anything that I can to at this point ?
Answered on Aug 14th, 2017 at 10:07 AM
You can file a chapter 7 to avoid liability on a car loan for the vehicle but you should know where the vehicle is if you are the only owner.  You might consider contacting the police to report it stolen assuming the other driver is not the owner. If we can offer any further assistance please contact us, 203.870.6700

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters