Can an independent H.S. not receiving federal funds discriminate against an individual with hearing loss?

Asked on Feb 03rd, 2017 on Civil Rights - New Jersey
More details to this question:
My son is in public school and is applying to an independent private school. Can the school refuse to accommodate him by not using his FM or deny him admission to the school.
Answered on Feb 04th, 2017 at 7:16 AM
Yes - I beleive the school can refuse to accomodate him because they do not have to abide by the public education laws.  Private schools are outside of that jurisdiction and while many try to accomodate a students needs, they are not mandated to do so.  
Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters