Experienced in unlawful imprisonment by NYS

Asked on Jan 26th, 2017 on Civil Rights - New York
More details to this question:
Answered on Jan 27th, 2017 at 6:04 PM
Wrongful imprisonment and false arrest are absolutely illegal, and if you were falsely arrested or detained for an extended period and then released with no charge, you might be able to sue for violation of your civil rights. Please provide more details. If you were wrongfully imprisoned by police, there is a 90 day deadline from the time of the imprisonment to file a notice of claim against the city or state. However, if you were incarcerated after a trial and feel you were wrongfully convicted, that is a criminal matter that should be taken up with a criminal defense attorney.
Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters