Need to know is it sanitize for me to stay in apt. After a flood with blowers all thru the apt. &holes all thru walls

Asked on Feb 23rd, 2017 on Civil Rights - New Jersey
More details to this question:
Apartment was flooded now everyone on my side of the floor is outta there apt besides me I'm the only tenant left in apt why they are fixing apt blowers& holes thru the wall I need to know is this stable how I'm living..
Answered on Mar 13th, 2017 at 11:13 AM
There is no way for an attorney to answer this. You should contact your town's health department or building department. You can also have a mold inspection service come in. If the apartment is unsafe or uninhabitable, you may have legal remedies such as relocation assistance or seek damages from the landlord. But an attorney cannot tell you if it safe to stay in the apartment. Obviously, if everyone else moved out, that should tell you something. Find an attorney who discuss your legal remedies.
Report Abuse

Answers to any question is not to imply a lawyer-client relationship which can only be after a consultation and the signing of a retainer agreement disclosing what the terms of representation might be.

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters