Wrongfully Arrested

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 06th, 2013 on Civil Rights - Florida
More details to this question:
I was arrested after a cop mistakenly identified me as the drug dealer they had been dealing with. He had the same name as me. After going to court the State realized after viewing the recordings and dropped the charges which are still now on my record. Can I sue someone?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 07th, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I recently handled a case similar to yours and achieved a very positive result for my client.There are many factors.  A major part of my practice is handling police misconduct and false arrest cases.

Because of court rulings if you are stopped on the street and the officer mistakenly identifies you because of similarities in the description in the warrant, those type of cases often do not result in a recovery for the individual arrested.

In a cases where you are specifically identified and you do not look anything like the person who committed the crime, there is a good chance you may have a case.

Contact me and I will glad to discuss it with you.


Gary Kollin

Report Abuse
Civil Rights
Every person has certain civil rights, granted to the by the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other federal, state and local laws. Civil rights laws deal with a variety of topics, including human rights, women's rights, disabled rights and gay rights. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, which bans employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, is one of the best-known civil rights laws in recent history. If your civil rights have been violated, a civil rights attorney can help you take legal action.
Have an Civil Rights Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

328 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

74 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums